Longview Seller Home Inspection
Seller Home Inspection or Pre-Listing inspections are very good for the homeowner who may not be in tune with the condition of their home. A significant number of sales are canceled due to the buyer’s shock at the “functional condition” of the home. It may look great but have serious technical, safety, or operational issues present without the owner’s knowledge. Having the home inspected before placing on the market is the ideal way to identify and either repair or disclose the problem found in the Inspection Report. Obviously, repairing the items would be the most beneficial towards completing the sale. However, there may be financial reasons where the owner can’t make the repairs. Disclosing them up front and pricing the home based upon that disclosure will often produce a higher net sales price for the proprietor.
There are positives and concerns with having your home inspected before listing it for sale. The main advantage to a potential home seller for getting their home inspected is the forewarning of possible buyer concerns. No one knows for certain what issues a customer will be involved with since customers come from all sorts of backgrounds and handyman experience levels.
Advantages of a Seller Home Inspection
1. A Seller Home Inspection or Pre-Listing Home Inspection gives the seller a heads-up warning for what issues are present in the home. With this list, the seller can now decide which things to repair before selling. The sellers with their listing real estate agents can choose which items from the report are more likely to be a concern for a home buyer. These items can range from serious foundation issues, electrical concerns in the electric panel to minor safety things like a lack of outlet covers to keep small fingers safe.
2. Lower repair costs is another advantage to the home seller who had their home pre-inspected. With the inspection completed and the list of repair items in hand, the seller has the benefit of not being under time pressures by a potential buyer to get things fixed fast and at top dollar. The owner of the home has time to either fix the issues themselves or find a handyman who is reasonably priced. Both of these options save the seller’s money.
3. The speed of a sale is another advantage. Homes that were pre-inspected tend to sell approximately two weeks faster. It saves the seller two weeks of concern if the house sells as well as the real estate agent two weeks of advertising and showing the home.
Many homeowners are concerned that seller home inspection or pre-listing inspections will reveal flaws in their home that they will be obligated to disclose during a sale. In actuality, however, the majority of seller home inspection only turn up minor flaws in homes that can be easily corrected.
In the rare case that a pre-listing inspection lists a major item to repair, it is important to keep in mind that the pre-purchase inspection that the potential buyer would pay for would discover the same problem. At that point, however, a buyer could use the information to walk away from the sale. In most cases, a seller home inspection turns out to be a great selling point for the homeowner.
Call HK Inspections and avail the Seller Home Inspection before listing your home or property in the market.
HK Inspections is also conducting a home inspection with the use of infrared. Check it out for more information.
Your Premier Longview TX Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced HK Inspections company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any, and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy that is found and observed during the inspection.
HK Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Longview TX area, we can help!
Owned and operated by the owner and lead inspector, Jeff Kresta, HK Inspections prides itself on being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers
Benefits For Our Customers
- We assure the inspection and report on over 400 items
- We deliver a detailed report to you within twenty-four hours of the inspection
- We point out major and minor deficiencies to give you the complete picture of your new home’s condition
Safety, Security, and Peace Of Mind ~ We Take Great Pride In Every Inspection We Perform!